AT3 Tactical RD-50 PRO Red Dot Sight Review
A red dot sight is an item of great importance that can seriously change your firing performance.
As a matter of fact, once you've tried one, it will be challenging to go back to not having it.
That is to say, when chosen carefully, and the best dot sight can seriously enhance your accuracy and consistency.
So, if this is your goal, you'll find our AT3 Tactical RD-50 review useful.
We consider this to be one of the leading products on the market, and well explain why in the forthcoming paragraphs.
- ACCURATE - Crisp 2 MOA red dot sight allows for precise, both-eyes-open shooting. Eleven red dot brightness settings provide optimal visibility in any light conditions. Multi-coated, scratch-resistant lenses provide enhanced image clarity.
- UNBEATABLE VALUE - Exceptional battery life up to 50,000 hours at the lowest brightness setting. Genuine Renata CR2032 Lithium battery included. Factory-direct pricing - no distributor markup.
- FLEXIBLE - Easily flip the 3x Magnifier to go from up-close shooting to long-range precision with ease! The magnifier allows you to use your red dot sight like a scope when needed.
- DEPENDABLE - Red Dot is Fully waterproof with sealed housing, and shockproof circuitry resists damage from rough handling. The Magnifier has a durable 6061-T6 housing with a steel mount for a stable hold and positive lock-up. Lifetime Warranty on the whole package!
- INSIDE THE BOX - Red dot sight, Riser Mount, RD-ARMOR, 3X Magnifier, Flip-To-Side Mount, CR2032 Battery, Rubber bikini cover, Instruction sheet, Lens cloth, Allen wrench.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONRed Dot Sight Technical Specs Power / Obj. Lens: 1x25mm Reticle: 2 MOA Red Dot Lens Coating: Multi-coated Weight: 3.6 oz Mounting Length: 1.1 inch / 28 mm Total Length: 2.4 in / 61.8 mm Exit Pupil: 22mm Battery Type: CR2032 (Renata CR2032 Battery Included) Battery life: up to 50,000 hours on lowest setting. Approx. 5,000 hour with typical use Windage/Elevation Click Value: 1 MOA per click Adj Range: +/- 35 MOA Eye Relief: Unlimited Parallax Adjustment: Fixed Field of View: Unlimited Night Vision Compatible: No Nitrogen filled: Yes Waterproof/Fogproof: Yes Body material: 6061 Aluminum Finish: Matte black anodized Magnifier Specs.
- Fast focus adjustment ensures a crisp sight image
- Magnifier body made of durable 6061 T6 aluminum with matte anodized finish
- Mount body made of steel with matte black finish
- A shockproof optic with ruggedized rubber shrouding, built to withstand the recoil of any weapon, including shotguns and large-calibre rifles
- Scratch-resistant optical coating
IMPORTANT FIT NOTE:
Designed for use with "absolute co-witness" red dot sights or "lower 1/3 co-witness" red dot sights. The optic may not be perfectly aligned but guaranteed for function with RD-50 PRO and AT3 LEOS Red Dot Sights.
RRDM Magnifier Technical Specs
- Magnification: 3x.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 26mm.
- Mount Height: 1.5in from the base center of the optic.
- Eye Relief: 2.4in.
- Exit Pupil: 7.0mm.
- Field of View: 49 ft @ 100 yds.
- Length: 4.2in.
- Weight: 11.6oz with mount.
- Optics Coating: Fully multi-coated.
- Material 6061 T6 anodized aluminum body on the magnifier.
- Included in the box: Flip to side mount, 3X magnifier, Hex key, Lens Cleaning Cloth.
- Essentially, one of the most critical aspects when shopping for a red dot sight is the optical performance.
The main reason why you're considering investing in such a unit is to up your game.
In this respect, we were rather impressed with the optical performance of this device. It is equipped with high-quality lenses, which are multi-coated and scratch-resistant.
So, this ensures that you get to enjoy clear viewing of the target, as well as the aiming reticle which is just as critical.
To be more specific, the sight facilitates both-eyes-open shooting. This way, you get to focus on the proper view of the picture, as well.
Design And Construction
A unit's design and construction fall into the category of essential characteristics.
In this respect, this unit features a lightweight, yet durable construction. It has a sturdy tube made of aircraft-grade aluminum filled with nitrogen.
It weighs only 6.3 oz. while measuring 2.4 inches.
This makes it quite versatile as you can use it for hunting rifles, handguns or shotguns you can make your pick.
As for the markings on the red dot sight, they are presented, whereas the clicks are non-audible, yet tactile.
What is more, the size of the knob on the side is a bit larger than the overall size of the unit itself. This makes it easy to adjust the light setting whenever you want.
At the same time, according to the manufacturer, the device is 100 percent waterproof.
This feature is more than welcome, considering that it optimizes the durability of the unit while giving you peace of mind, regardless of the weather conditions.
That is not all, though; thanks to the shockproof circuitry, the AT3 Tactical RD-50 Red Dot Sight will, undeniably, resist rough handling.
Also, thanks to the matte black finish, the exterior withstands scratches.
Accessories And Mounting
Our AT3 Tactical RD-50 Red Dot Sight review continues, and wed like to focus on the accessories.
To be more precise, the unit comes accompanied by several extras, including the Renata CR2032 battery, a rubber cover and a lens cleaning cloth.
Truthfully, one of the best things about this unit is its excellent battery life on the lowest brightness setting, you can use it for no less than 50,000 hours, which translates into years of use.
Moving on, we should note that you can choose from three mounting types namely low, medium and high.
There's no such thing as the ideal mounting position that would work for each scenario.
That is to say, and it's up to you to assess your needs beforehand and choose accordingly.
The UTG Hi-Profile Compact Riser Mount, for instance, is 1'' high, while being easy to install.
To be suitable for a wide range of optics applications, this riser mount is available in three different sizes and mounting lengths so that you can make your pick.
The thing with UTG riser mounts is that they are made with utmost attention to detail and precision.
They are surprisingly durable as well, due to the aircraft-grade construction. Another option worthy of your attention is the UTG Med-pro Compact Riser Mount.
The price is on point, and it works as expected.
Depending on what you're looking for, one of these two is likely to be down your alley. For instance, some users prefer the AT3 Tactical RD-50 Red Dot Sight with a low mount.
Adjustability is a matter of equal importance. Regardless of how well the red dot sight points to a target, it should be fully adjustable for the utmost accuracy.
Therefore, the red dot sight has to be adjustable when it comes to both windage and elevation.
In our case, the adjustability range for the RD-50 is +/- 35 MOA, while the total adjustment range if of 70 MOA. This should give you plenty to work with.
Red Dot Brightness Level
Using Red Dot Sights
Moving on, we all have specific preferences when it comes to shooting. In other words, not everyone likes to have the same level of brightness.
Some perform better with a higher brightness level, while others prefer a lower brightness level.
Plus, the brightness level you pick should depend on the shooting environment; since this can vary on several factors, the more brightness levels to choose from, the better.
This instrument has no less than 11 different brightness level settings.
This could only mean one thing: the unit facilitates excellent visibility in both light and dark lighting conditions.
The only complaint we have in this respect would be that it is not compatible with the night vision.
Whats The Best Use Of It?
If you're looking for a red dot at a reasonable price, this one is a top pick.
The best thing about it is that its affordability doesn't impair its performance in any way. You don't even have to look for the AT3 Tactical RD-50 for sale since the price is genuinely reasonable already.
The AT3 Tactical RD-50 isnt just a red dot sight its a kit that includes a 3X magnifier. The magnifier is hinged, so you can keep it out of the way for parallax-free close range shots, or swing it into place for long-range accuracy. The 2 MOA reticle is accurate and stays zeroed even after some abuse. It has 11 brightness settings.
The CR2032 battery is cheap, easy to change without removing the sight, and will last at 50,000 hours on the lowest setting. Be careful when mounting the view, though. The screws are a bit loose and will come free if you don't use some Loctite to keep them in place.
- 2 MOA reticle
- 11 brightness settings
- Includes a 3X magnifier
- 50,000 hours of battery life
- Easy to change a CR2032 battery
Mounting screws are loose
Why it's recommended: The AT3 Tactical RD-50 combines the benefits of a red dot sight with the long-range capability of a traditional view.